Friday, April 22, 2011

DVD Eve....

This weekend we are filming "Bellydance Artistry."  I can't believe it's happening tomorrow.  Tonight will be spent practicing with my girls, gathering everything we need for tomorrow (attire, make-up, jewelry, music, notes), putting finishing touches on my costume for Sunday, and doing my nails.  I'm still in a bit of awe that everything has come together.  Nathaniel has done an amazing job with the music, I've got a great videographer who understands the project, and how important good, clean, well-lit shots are, the locations are scheduled and we have plenty of time to do what we need to do.  I'm still amazed, honored, and so appreciative that so many people helped us reach our goal for the project. 

As I look over the material and estimate the running time, and map how it will be navigated, my hopes are that this will be a practice companion that dancers will be able to use on a regular basis, for a variety of reasons.  I believe that dancers from different styles and levels of experience will all find something they can resonate with and work with.  The material really stresses my dance philosophy - how I approach the dance from the inside out, how to get the most out your movements, fusion through foundation, and artistic process.  It's not a "feel the burn" kind of DVD, b/c that's not my philosophy - but rather, processes that condition both the body and mind together. 

If you're new to this blog, you can read a bit more about the project at http://www.darklydramatic.com/artistry.html

(photo from Angels & Absinthe Show, by Insomniac Studios, St. Louis, MO)

No comments:

Post a Comment